Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger"
New machine with preinstalled system
- plug everything in and boot
- move through the steps in MacOsXinitialSetup
- apply the proper settings as listed in MacOsXcustomize
- wait for the installer to finish, then restart
- login and quit the registration application by holding the command-key (left & right of the space bar) while hitting "Q"
- clean up the Dock as described in MacOsXcleanDock
- configure the System Preferences according to MacOsXsetPreferences
- MacOsXsystemTuning (this is not optional but works around some "issues" - if you experience network connection errors or mail problems after an update, go through these again)
by browsing, searching, or an index