Bring Mac OS X up to date
- from the "Apple" menu, choose "Software Update"
- if told "Your Software is up to date", you are done with this page
- provide the password
- the title bar of the resulting window should contain the string "fillmore.it.usyd.edu.au"
- if it does not then do not proceed with Software Update but fix the problem first (if you are sure to have applied the instructions in MacOsXconfigureFinderAndSoftwareUpdate, then deleting the file "~/Library/Preferences/com.SoftwareUpdate.plist" should do the trick; otherwise please proceed with that page first)
- click the "Install" button
- for every license agreement you are presented, if any:
- thoroughly study it, ponder if you can or cannot reasonably accept them on behalf of the end user/School/Uni
- if in doubt, consult the legal department of the University
- once you have made an informed decision, click the appropriate button ("Accept" or "Decline")
- if/when asked to reboot, do so and log back in
- start over from step 1
by browsing, searching, or an index