Install Microsoft Office on Mac OS X
- get the CD from the University Software Server or otherwise dp
- run the "Office Setup Assistant"
- in the "Macintosh HD" popup menu, choose "Select Folder…" and select "/Applications"
- in the list of components to install
- uncheck MSN Messenger
- check "Office Tools" with a check mark, not just a hyphen
- check "Office Content" with a check mark, not just a hyphen
- uncheck "Proofing Tools", open it and check only those that are needed - in general just "English"
- open "Additional Tools" and check "Windows Media Player for Mac" and "Remote Desktop Connection Client"
- uncheck "Add application icons to my Dock" and click "Install"
by browsing, searching, or an index