Configure Keyboard Layouts and Language Preferences on Mac OS X
- under "Personal" in the MacOsXsystemPreferences, click "International"
- in the left pane, drag the languages into the desired order of preference for the intended user of the machine
- click the "Input Menu" pane
- check the checkboxes next to all desired keyboard mappings, as well as "Character Palette" and "Keyboard Viewer"
- uncheck the checkbox next to "US" unless that's desired
- click "Show All" if you want to configure other settings, otherwise close the panel
by browsing, searching, or an index